Over the past 6 months, we have been reaching out to many of you with a question:
“If there was one thing you could add to or change about your CIE/CMLS, what would it be?”
So far, that’s led to several hundred meaningful conversations, helping us better understand how you’re using the CIE/CMLS and what we can do to make it work better for you. We just rolled out the first of several rounds of changes stemming from that feedback.
New look for Market Monitor
The Market Monitor is the page you see as soon as you log in, allowing you to quickly assess what’s happening in the CIE/CMLS. We updated the design, making things a little easier to read, and added handy links to your listings, transactions, saved searches, and catalogs.
Better lead-handling for listings, including mobile notifications
- When you see that you have new leads on the Market Monitor page, clicking the link will now take you to an updated lead tracking console. The new page allows you to see all leads for all your listings in the same spot. You can filter by type (ie. how the lead was generated: someone viewed your listing, emailed or saved your listing, or submitted a listing inquiry).
- We’re now tracking each time someone clicks the “Contact Listing Agent” button on each listing, so the lead is tracked even if the contact happened via a phone call versus an email.
- Listing inquiries also include an optional phone number now, making it easier for you to reach those that prefer a call versus an email.
- In the past, we forced people to complete a “captcha” test before submitting their listing inquiry (unless they were already logged in). We’ve replaced this barrier with other techniques that should also protect from bogus bot traffic while making it easier for actual prospects to contact you.
- Commercial IQ is Catylist’s national search engine, designed to funnel eyeballs to your listings. In the past, we’ve forced those searching for commercial property to create a Commercial IQ account before viewing any listings. We’ve removed this restriction. This will result in more traffic to your listings from the site, and hopefully more refined leads.
- Finally, you can now opt-in to receive an instant text message (via SMS) to your mobile phone whenever someone submits an email inquiry about one of your listings. To opt-in, look for instructions in the blue box at the top of your Market Monitor.
Better filtering options for agents managing listings
When managing your listings, you can now filter the list by status or using a keyword. Your expired and withdrawn listings are now accessible from this page rather than being mixed in with your completed sale and lease transactions. Also, by popular request, we have added a “Street Number” option under the “Sort By” drop-down menu.
Improved Spreadsheet Editor
We’ve rewritten the Spreadsheet Editor to work more like an actual spreadsheet. The listing, property, and individual space details are now accessible on the same page, and via infinite scrolling, we’ve eliminated the need to click through multiple pages of results. If you need to make quick changes to multiple listings, look for the “Edit as Spreadsheet” link at the top of page when you’re managing your listings.
Improved management of sale and lease transactions
- Adding and editing sale/lease transactions now uses the same interface as is used for listings. Like listings, transactions can now include many additional fields of information and can include an unlimited number of photos and attachments.
- In the past, when a listing is marked sold or leased, it became accessible only to the primary agent. Transactions are now accessible to primary, secondary, and tertiary agents. All three can edit, re-list, or include the transaction on his/her profiles as a “Deal Done”.
- When searching and viewing transactions, each will now display all contacts for that transaction, including (when available) all agents associated with the original listings, property contacts, and parties to the transaction.
- When uploading photos or documents to a listing, you can now select and upload multiple files simultaneously.
- Historically, we send out listing expiration warnings a month before a listing is set to expire. We’ve changed that to 14 days.
- We moved the street address option to the top of the search pages for listings and comparables.
- You can now click to the next page of results from either the top or the bottom of a list (again).
- We improved the workflow for the Listing Fixer, making it easier to fix any existing issues with your property listings.
- When emailing listings to clients, the links will now replace the listing agent’s contact information with your contact information.
- When you set up a property alert for a client, the resulting emails that are sent to your client will now include your name at the top to eliminate confusion.
- If you’re a paying subscriber, you can now see the email address of other members when viewing their profiles, in case you want to email them via their own email client (outside the CIE/CMLS).
- “Days on CIE” has been changed to “Days on Market” for consistency. “Include Days on Market” is now an option on the Report Builder page for single and multipage listing and transaction reports. For listings, it defaults to false, for transactions, it defaults to true.
- When creating comparison reports including lease listings, “Lease Type” will now be included.
- “Full-Service” was added as a lease type (in addition to “Gross”).
- When using the Report Builder, there’s now a “My Transactions” option under “Subjects” that allows you to choose from your own transactions when creating the report.
- Private listings can now be added to catalogs.
- We’ve made some behind-the-scenes changes to help pages load faster.
Improvements specific to Company or CIE/CMLS Administrators
- We’ve overhauled the admin console page (the page you see when you log in). For company admins, we’ve added options to quickly search listings by keyword or address. The new pages also include some automatically compiled stats that we hope you find useful.
- We added a “Log in as an Agent” link to the top-right of each screen, making it easier for you to log in and run searches or create reports on behalf of one of your agents. We also added a “Log In” link to the user search results page to save having to click in to view an agent’s profile before being able to log in.
When searching for listings, you can now click back to refine your search without the parameters disappearing.
- We’ve made some changes that should make the process of listing reassignment easier, especially in cases where you’re switching the primary and secondary agents on a listing.
- We added a link to the righthand side of the manage listings page that pulls up transactions with “Undisclosed” prices. This should make it easier for you to keep track of transactions that are being reported by your users without public price info.
- Company admins can now create “Private” listings, which can be used to create reports or shared with clients without being searchable on the CIE/CMLS.
- If you’re an administrator for a company with multiple offices (and your CIE/CMLS allows it), you can now easily move agents from one office to another. Just pull up the agent’s profile and select “Change Company” under the “Edit/Manage” menu.
Thanks again for your time and your willingness to pitch in, lending your insight and expertise to help make your CIE/CMLS better. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with your ideas!